Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Washer Dryer Ikea Kitchen Cabinet Hack

Surprisingly this project was super fast to complete.  We expected it to be a huge headache so Brian kept putting it off.  Once he started it he finished in less than 45 minutes!  We were shocked it worked so smoothly.

Basically, we wanted a panel on the side that would be removable to easily access the water valves behind the washer and dryer if needed. 

Brian routered out three pockets and added these metal cleats.  Genius!

If you have any questions, let us know.




2 comments:

  1. That's a really cool way to raise the washer/dryer cabinet and bring it forward. I was looking at the same thing for our kitchen. Can you tell me more about the base that they built? Is it something I can replicate?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I saw your Washer Dryer Ikea Kitchen Cabinet Hack.
      Would you be able to tell me what cabinet sizes you took to hide the washer and dryer? and my guess after it was all screwed together you then took long panels to hide it on the side is that correct?

      Delete