Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Swapping Dean's Room and the Office

For awhile now, the office has slowly become the dumping ground for toys and items Dean is now too big for.  He basically has outgrown his bedroom too so we decided to move him into the office and move the office to his baby room.

Before any new furniture made its way into the house, everthing was cleared out of the old office and I painted the room.  This was the third time I've painted this room so I decided to go with plain ol' white.  I really like it and I knew I wouldn't have to change it again as our son's tastes grow.

I had intended to paint the new office all white as well, but after all the work in the bedroom I got over that idea.  Navy/white combo it is!  No more painting required.

I really dislike my desk chair.  I need to look around for maybe a gray tufted chair or something like that.

Dean had already upgraded into a twin bed several months back, but with the room swap I really wanted him to have a loft bed.  I had one as a kid and remember LOVING playing underneith it like a club house all the time.  Plus it allows for even more storage and play space.  So the twin bed he was previously using got to stay in the office.  Now we again have somewhere for a guest or two to sleep.

In Dean's new room I also purchased one more storage piece.  I really prefer the Target cubes with boxes but the Ikea storage system allowed for a few huge containers for those awkwardly large toys.

Dean loves his new room and shows it off to everyone that comes over.

I love having a neat office again.

Lastly, while at Ikea I picked up this really cute shoe cabinet and mirror.  Our entryway was never very cute so I was happy to make it a lot more presentable and a nice vibe when you walk in the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment