Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sprucing Up the Backyard

We regularly hang out and have parites in our backyard so making it better back there has always been on our minds.  When we first moved in, it was a wreck and we removed a lot of hideous plants.  Neither of us are very good at landscaping or choosing plants so this has been something we have put off for awhile.

I did always love the idea of having some king palms in our yard.  I finally put some effort into the idea and found a nursery with them at a great price.  Mimosa Nursery had the 15 gallon trees for only $55 each. For comparison, Home Depot has smaller ones for $70 each.

Our gardener picked them up and planted them for a great price.  He also removed this goofy "balls tree" we had.  It was cute enough to me, but it dropped lots of leaves into the pool and for some reason flies LOVED living in it.  There were also lots of spiders so I was happy to get rid of it.

We are very excited with the planted trees.  The smaller palms I had previously planted myself were moved to different locations.



Tonight Brian and I are going to pick up some wood to make some nice fences to hide the pool equipment and the carport.

Hopefully soon we will build a patio cover, but for now the fences are a good warm up.  This fence is the inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment