Sunday, January 11, 2015

yes...Yes...YES!!!! Paint, Tile, and some Cabinets

Finally all the mudding and sanding has been completed.  That has definitely been the most boring, messy, long part of the the kitchen remodel so far.  So first thing's first; time for some paint.

Brian painted the ceiling and I primed and painted the walls.  I skipped over the areas that cabinets will be against so, no, I am not just a horrible painter. 

I chose a color called "Delicate Mist" by Behr paints.  I was going for a really washed out turqouise blue green color.  It seems that most of the time when I'm looking at it on the walls now it just looks like a grayish blue.  It's not what I wanted but it still looks good.  We will just roll with it for now.


 
The next day the tile guys came and started their install.  This is the only outside contractor we have hired for anything so we were nervous about them possibly not putting as much heart into our project.  Fortunately they were really great and did a gorgeous job!

They did about half the room and came back two days later and finished laying the tile.  Then on the third day they wrapped up the install by grouting.


The tile we chose is Italian porcelain called Woodland Black.  The grout is a dark matching gray called Storm.  I was a little hesitant picking a floor so dark but since everything else is white or almost white I figured it would look like a nice contrast.


We absolutely love it!


We gave the tile and grout plenty of time to dry and then started installing some cabinets over the weekend.  I built the cabinets and Brian and his dad did the hanging.  There was a little bit of a hold up figuring out exactly what we wanted to do with the crown molding.  I would like no gap between the cabinets and the ceiling so we had to finalize measurements and choose an exact molding.


It's beyond exciting to see the cabinets going in!  All of our hard work and patience is starting to really pay off.

Here's a little reminder of what the "before" looked like:



3 comments: