Saturday, September 6, 2014

Designing the Kitchen Floor Plan

First thing's first, a floor plan needed to be figured out.

Ikea's website has a really awesome kitchen designer app that anyone should be able to operate with a little effort.  Being the type of home owners we are, we like to do as much of every project ourselves. Mainly this is because we are cheap and like to save money wherever we can.

Hey!  Home improvement in expensive!

Anyway, with Ikea's kitchen app, I plugged in all the measurements of the room and worked with it for several weeks.  I think I came up with about 500 different floor plans.

Here is the final floor plan:


This is our current bad floor plan:
I highly recommend playing with Ikea's home design planner if you are toying with the idea of remodeling your kitchen.  I really enjoyed using it.   The app gives you lots of awesome 3D images that you can pan around of your ideas too, like this one:



No comments:

Post a Comment