Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Choosing Kitchen Flooring

The thought of more tile makes my skin crawl a little because I HATE grout.  But, I definitely don't think it's a good idea to bring the wood we have in the rest of the house into the kitchen.  It seems to me like it'd be begging for dropped ice cubes or similar damage causing spills.

So Brian and I narrowed it down to two 12x24" tiles.  We aren't married to these options so if you have any suggestions let us know! We plan to make the grout line the smallest possible with gray grount that would not stand out and hide dirt.

What do you think?  The light or the dark?  I'd love to hear your vote or a suggestion on something else.


Here is our countertop photo again.

As for a backsplash and paint, that is still up in the air too, but these two pictures are the final top inspiration contenders.   I think the first photo is edging into first place.  I'm slightly obsessed with gray right now.


2 comments:

  1. I like the darker for the contrast. Not sure what your thoughts are on tile that looks like wood. I recently saw them in a gray wash and loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about the dark wood looking tile too. I'm planning to maybe get a sample or two of that. My only concern with it, is if it will look funny where it meets the lighter wood in the rest of the house, at the living room and dining room.

      Delete